Sunday, June 20, 2010

Early Cosmic Baby - "Tao Nonstop" + "State Of Mind"








Back in ’93, Cosmic played in Melbourne – I think he was one of the first major European underground acts to tour here. If he was a DJ, I’d still rank it as one of the best live mix sets I’ve ever heard; but since he was sequencing all his stuff live for 40 non-stop minutes it was pretty phenomenal.
Early on he hit us with the main riff from his first solo single “Tao Nonstop” (Sept. ’91) and then proceeded to weave it through the rest of his set. Magic.
Then came the end of the show, except that Cosmic started to jump up and down and shout “Wait! One More!” before knocking out one of my all time fav’s, his collaboration with Kid Paul as Energy 52 and “State of Mind” with its inspired recycling of the Total Confusion breakbeat. Fucking massive.

Unfortunately, it was all down hill from there though as Cosmic led the rave and techno world down the turgid path of trance with such nonsense as Cafe Del Mar and Loops Of Infinity.

Note:
Tao Nonstop is a vinyl rip from what was a frequently played track and there is still popping – even though I’ve cleaned up the file quite a bit. My copy of State of Mind is pretty much clagged now and I couldn’t really get a clean rip, but I found a 256kb version taken from a CD compilation which is probably as good as it’s going to get with this.






Cosmic Enterprises - Tao Nonstop
Discogs


Vinyl Rip _ 320kbps MP3 ... mediafire
Energy 52 - State Of Mind
Discogs


CD Rip _ 256kbps MP3 ... mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment