Sunday, January 15, 2012

mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes, mixtapes...


I got a little USB cassette player last year - nothing special, only cost $20 or so - but for some reason couldn't get it to work on my laptop. Well, adjusted some settings over Christmas and it's working. But got quite a few tapes to go through... if only to find the ones worth posting.

So far I've recorded about 10 or so, some by me, some by mates, and the odd DJ superstar too. I've been able to clean the audio up too, but remember some of these tapes have been lying around for nearly two decades so the quality is never going to be excellent. Should at least be hiss free though.

Also have a mighty collection of radio show recordings which will probably only appeal to Melbourne locals from back in the day. Going to post these too, and I won't edit them much. That means you'll be hearing promos for old rave events, interviews and music. Sound quality is likely not to be a highlight.


3 comments:

  1. if you dont mind me asking mate,where do i pick one of these up from for that approx price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. also great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marlo, I got mine at Target or something - less than $30. Great value! Also look online.

    ReplyDelete